Last updated: July 30, 2013
What information does Labrador collect?
Labrador does not automatically gather any Personal Information from you. Labrador obtains your Personal Information only if you supply it voluntarily by completing an online form when you are creating an account to use the Software. To create an account, you must supply Personal Information such as your name, company name, and e-mail address. If you want to purchase reports containing well data, you must also provide your valid credit card information (“Credit Card Information”) at the time of purchase of the report, which is securely collected and stored by Stripe Payments Canada, Ltd. ( “Stripe”), a third party credit card processing company, whose website is www.stripe.com/ca.
How does Labrador use your personal information?
Labrador may use your Personal Information as reasonably required to operate, maintain, and update the Software, such as for the following:
1. To create an account with which you may login and use the Software;
2. To sell you and charge you for reports comprising well data;
3. To alert you to and to provide you with Software updates;
4. To save customized Software settings for you;
5. To collect statistical information about Software usage to create Software updates;
6. To send marketing materials to customers;
7. To send surveys to customers;
8. To respond to questions, comments, or feedback you may have about the Software;
9. To enable our contractors such as website hosting companies (“Contractors”) to help us operate and maintain the Software. This may require us to send Personal Information to the Contractors. Any Contractor to whom we send your Personal Information will have executed a confidentiality agreement with us that requires that Contractor to keep your Personal Information confidential.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In addition, Labrador may also disclose your Personal Information as permitted or required by law. For example, Labrador may disclose Personal Information to those governmental bodies who have authority to obtain it and who request it from us, in order to comply with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, or to comply with document production requirements.
How is Your Personal Information Stored?
Retention of Your Personal Information
Labrador will retain your Personal Information for as long as it is reasonably required to operate, maintain, and update the Software and in order to satisfy various accounting and legal requirements. Labrador will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is destroyed or removed when it no longer requires your Personal Information.
How Do You Opt-out, Remove or Modify Information You Have Provided to Labrador?
You can access and review your Personal Information held by Labrador and make corrections to it by contacting Labrador's
directly via email, or by writing the Privacy Officer, c/o Labrador Technologies, 350 229 11th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0Y1, CANADA. Labrador will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide the information you require within a reasonable time and no later than 30 days following the request.
Contacting Labrador About Your Personal Information
If you wish to withdraw or change your consent to Labrador's use and disclosure of your Personal Information, or if you would like to contact Labrador with a question or complaint regarding Labrador's use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please email our
or write to Privacy Officer, c/o Labrador Technologies, 350 229 11th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0Y1, CANADA.